Wednesday, December 8, 2010

A Winter Holiday Soiree

I have a folder title Inspirations for Holiday parties in {on?} my desktop with pictures I have save over the years. I'm so glad I look through the folder again yesterday, because I stumbled upon this lovely shoot.

I really love the easy going feel of this shoot. With holiday party, it is really easy to go over the top {I am always guilty for that}, but this shoot was just comfy and beautiful.


I love love love those mercury glass ornaments. I am on the mission to find some for my
Christmas tree now.



It is my personal believe that every special occasions need a touch of diy elements. It bring a sense of peronalness {I know that is not a real word, but I'm having brain farts and can't think of another word at the moment} and fun to the occasion.






I love the attention to details and the different ways they make use of the sheet music.






I love how each kind of flowers get their own vase. Not only does that help the flowers stand out, but also easy for anyone to put together.



I love how the menus were lettered in the shape of a star.









How prefect would this bouquet of white peonies, gray dusty miller, black privet berries, and tied with beautiful striped wire ribbon be for a winter wedding.



Aren't you just itching to throw a holiday party now? I know I am.


I spotted this shoot on Snippet and Ink last year. It was stylized by Courtney Spencer from Merriment Events. Janie Medley at JM Flora and The Bride's Cafe did an amazing job on the floral.

No comments:

Post a Comment

{a hug and smile can turn a day around}