Thursday, January 6, 2011

The jumping off point for my bedroom make over

One of my goals for 2011 is to completely make over my bedroom. I don't have the exact plan yet, but I like to start with one thing and then go from there. My first inspiration is this sweet hand painted 18th century wallpaper.






The detail of this wallpaper is just stunning.



Swoon!!

Since 18th century hand painted wall paper is not something you come across every day {and it is probably way out of my budget} I had to think of a second option. After looking around the blogging world for quite some time I found this beautiful hand painted wall mural inspired by the French fashion designer Paul Poiret on Designs Sponge.



It was love at first site for me. It is definitely not gonna be an easy task, but I am up for the challenge. I don't know the exact colors scheme for my bed room yet, but that is next on my list. As of right now in my head, I am wanting the mural to be over the bed. Whether or not the mural will replace a head board, I do not know. What do y'all think?

I am super excited right now. I can't wait to share this process with y'all. I'm sure there will be lots of weird looks and what was she thinking moments.

I spotted the wallpaper on This is Glamorous.

3 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  2. way to embrace pink in la bedroom- I'm going to do the same, and my hub is just going to have to get his head around it! love the blog, amy!

    ReplyDelete

{a hug and smile can turn a day around}