Thursday, February 3, 2011

A romantic Lunar New Year dinner for two

I won't be able to have Lunar New Year dinner with my whole family like usual. We'll be meeting up on Sunday. I still wanted to celebrate Lunar New Year, so I set up a little intimate dinner for my hubby and I. This will also serve as our Valentine's day dinner date, because the hubby will be working on Valentine's day {boo}.



We had the red lanterns from my husband proposal a few years back.









I got these two clay statues from our trip to Viet Nam last summer. Each statue is from a different region in Viet Nam.












Above are yellow Jenny's spray rose. They're my boss lady favorite!! They're quickly becoming mine too. Each bud have like a million tiny petals.



A simple and intimate way to bring in another year. It is an Asian superstition that however you spend Lunar New Year, the rest of the year will follow. That is why everybody always work and clean their house before Lunar New Year and take it easy with family on New Year. I'm a bit sad about not spending it with my family, but I definitely don't mind a whole lot more quality time with my husband this year.

Chuc Mung Nam Moi!!


Check out some fun Valentine's Day Tablescapes over at Between Naps on the Porch.

1 comment:

{a hug and smile can turn a day around}