Tuesday, November 30, 2010

How I almost burn my kitchen down

Long story short about the kitchen fire incident, I tried to make some pumpkin cupcakes the day after thanksgiving. I some how broke off the knob for the the oven temperature. I thought I had turn the knob to about 350, but I guess I must have turned it a lot higher than that. About 5 minutes after putting the cupcakes in, my crazy smoke alarm went off and my condo started filling up with smoke. I ran to the kitchen and open the oven, and there was a small fire at the bottom of my oven and my pumpkins cupcakes were burned {even though the inside was still running}. Yah the rest was kinda blurry because I freaked out like a crazy maniac {wouldn't you if there was a fire in the oven}. My down stair neighbor son heard the fire alarm and came up. I don't know what he did {because I was running around looking for my cell phone to call 911}, but he some how put out the fire. The sweet guy was trying really hard not to laugh, because I was borderline crying. The end.


The stupid broken knob.


You can't really tell due to the lovely effect of the Polaroid, but here are my burned pumpkin cupcakes.


On a happier note, I successfully made my first sweet potatoes casserole.


For the actual Thanksgiving meal, I was responsible for bringing sweet potatoes casserole. I made The Pioneer Woman {my hero in the kitchen} Soul Sweet 'Taters {it was quite yummy}.



I couldn't decide on a topping so I made both. I think I prefer the pecan topping.


No comments:

Post a Comment

{a hug and smile can turn a day around}